Posted on March 20 2020
Grand Dog Essentials is taking all possible precautions against COVID-19 and is continually monitoring the instructions of Alberta's Chief Medical Officer. We do this out of concern for our extended Grand Dog family including you, your dogs, Greg, and the vulnerable we all have in our lives.
At this time we expect deliveries to continue as usual. We ask for your understanding when Greg rings your doorbell and doesn't wait to greet you or pet your dog. He hates having to make that change in his routine because he loves those few moments at the door getting to know you but we believe this is an important restriction which will protect you and your family as well as keep Greg healthy allowing him to maintain the delivery schedule.
Please take all usual precautions when feeding your dog. Wash your hands and all utensils thoroughly. Hand washing and good hygiene are the first and strongest line of defense.
Below are some resources on your pet’s health and COVID-19:
The following are some precautions to keep you, your pet, and your family safe and healthy.
- Always maintain 2 meters between you and other people at the dog park
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after interacting with animals
- Keep your dog well groomed
- Thoroughly clean your pup’s water and food dishes daily
- If you are sick, stay home. Ask a family member or friend to help care for your pet while you recover.
- You should not share food, utensils, towels or bedding
- Sleep in separate rooms (no more bed sharing!)
We will be monitoring this closely and will keep you all updated should anything change. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Greg and Amanda Monsma
Thank you Fiona for your comments!
Thank you for the great tips and sound information. Love your products! (and more importantly…so do my dogs. I feed 3 smooth fox terriers…thanks again. Stay safe and stay well!